Sunday 25 January, 2009

First Stock it ..then Sell it

Me and my brother were shopping in SPAR and there was Suguna imageChicken stall promoting their ready to cook chicken range by offering fried chicken  for tasting . As bachelors, we thrive on ready to cook ,ready to eat foods.So obviously we were lured towards it [ plus free chicken 65 :)]

We tasted all three variants ,the chk-65 was so good,that we instantly added to our list. The chk manchurian was ok and the chk kofta...well its not worth eating even if its free . So we asked them for a pack of chk 65 and they directed us to the frozen foods section were they were stocked,atleast we thought so... Sadly the section was filled with the koftas and other boring stuffs but not the good  ones. When I told the counter guy, he looked surprised , and went to the section and checked personally.Then he checked with the another guy and said "Sorry sir, we are out of stock ,you can buy the kofta if you want".I said "I don't want that..but why are you selling what you don't have?  "                   When I crossed the section sometime later, only the kofta was on display with no people around .

Communication gap between the stocking staff and selling staff , has resulted in loss of sale for the chk company(I guess many would have been disappointed like me).                                                    A smart idea would have been to give out only the chk65 for tasting and sell a pack of all three variants at a special prize . I am sure many would have bought into it and later find the kofta is real awful. Atleast I would have ... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment