Monday 23 March, 2009

Windows 7 is the Good Side of Vista

One of the good things to have techies in the family, is that you get cool techstuff much before others ,atleast I get it before most of my friends:) [when it comes to software even my engg friends ask for tips!!!].

So it is not much of surprise, when some of my friends are getting convinced to move to Vista I have 'moved on' to windows 7 [build 7.000-new version coming in sometime but I couldn't wait :)]. And before anything else , I would say this if you are using XP hold it, don't move to Vista. wait for some more time because Win7 will be releasing soon commercially!!.(latest by 4th quarter 2009).

Picture1

Well I am not going to review Win7 for you ,there are others who are better qualified than me for that.But as a normal user and a non tech guy I would say these.... its faster than XP (believe it or not :p), has all the good stuff of vista aero theme,safety etc etc,a uncluttered Taskbar which shows mainly the icons of application,revamped start menu,free to move gadgets,improved preview,libraries through which you can access similar files from single location (for example, in the photos library all photos in the system can be accessed despite of their original location).Click here for detailed preview

Now ...Tiger,who had installed WIN 7 before me had some issues so uninstalled it.Well the requirements are similar to Vista,minimum is 1 gb ram and atleast 2ogb hard drive space..If vista works fine in your system then Win7 should work splendidly.There was a critical update after its initial release, so guys who had used without the update may not have enjoyed it.I had uninstalled Vista then loaded Win7 so its working like a charm.

Bottom line: Win 7 is Vista reloaded but this time MS has got it right :)

5 comments:

  1. Good non-tech simplified review MJ. I think I should go and load it once again just to give it another try. Will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M.J

    Looks Good But the same happened with Windows Vista ... The worst OS i have ever seen .... I have seen apple Mac Rocks Boss ... Am sorry am Highly Apple Biased .........

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tiger
    Thanks buddy..do give it a try and let me know..

    @Sivaram
    I agree that Mac always has been very better than Windows (though i am not happy about it:P) I am not that MS biased to say Windows is better than Mac but they have done a good job with Win7..and so kudos to them..but whatever it is Win7 will be the majority u know like Maruti 800 and Mac will be like Benz, a much better car but not suitable for the common man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great... I was eagerly waitng for windows 7 review...
    I never uploaded vista bcoz, I saw its performance on other laptops and I was hugely dissapointed. It had great looks but poor performance.
    I am just waiting for Windows 7 official release !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vibs: yes Vista was a disappoint both for users as well as MS..but i can assure you Win7 is worth changing from XP

    ReplyDelete