Monday 23 February, 2009

JAI HO @ OSCARS

Its Jai Ho time with the OSCARS finally coming to India

"All my life I've had a choice of hate and love. I chose love, and I'm here. God bless." - AR RAHAMAN won two Oscars, one each for the Best Original Score and the Best Original Song categories while Indian sound engineer

image

image

Resul Pokutty won the Oscar along with Ian Tapp and Richard Pryke for best Sound Mixing. "I dedicate this award to my country. This is not just a sound award but a piece of history that has been handed over to me," a beaming and emotional Pookutty said while dedicating the trophy to a billion Indian

Slumdog Millionaire totally won 8 Oscars including Best Picture,Best Director & Best Adapted Screenplay

"Just to say to Mumbai, all of you who helped us make the film and all of those of you who didn't, thank you very much. You dwarf even this guy," Boyle said, holding up his directing Oscar.

image

This shows that Indian Technicians are among the best in the world and are Oscar-worthy but its upto the filmmakers to bring out the best in them

1 comment:

  1. i swear amazing movie. they deserve the award!!!
    jai ho!!

    ReplyDelete