Saturday 27 September, 2008

Gimme My Change

Rupee is Losing value...no no  hold on- One rupee has lost value

The other day I was getting a pancard form over the counter and was waiting for my change Rs.1.The staff did not give the change ,he did not even say something about it.When I asked him,he gave me a surprised look   as if he did not understand what I was asking. When I asked him again,he and his colleague smiled at each other with a smirk.Finally he did give the change but told to the next person" What to do sir ? I have to deal with such people" Most of the bus conductors  in Bangalore often do the same thing and if asked"what sir ..you are bragging for just a rupee"This not only happens with public sector, my friend had a similar experience in Fabmall.

Its not that I am fixated with the change,I usually tell the auto drivers to keep the change if the meters worked properly, tip the waiters if  I eat out or to small boys selling in streets.But when I am getting a product which comes with a price tag ,why should I give the change when there is no specific service offered and they don't even bother to say something about it.

Does one rupee has so little value that nobody cares about it? Will they accept if I had given a rupee less? I don't think so......

No comments:

Post a Comment